Who We Are
Soaring into the Second Century
Our Corporate Values and Beliefs
These values are core to our relationships that we build with each stakeholder (our customers, our employees, our community, our vendors and our stockholders):
- Integrity: Integrity is the cornerstone of ESB Financial - treating everyone honestly and fairly.
- Excellence: Consistent and reliable delivery of financial services that exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Success: ESB Financial's success depends on our genuine interest in helping our customers achieve their goals.
- Community: Commitment to the well-being and quality of life in the areas we serve.
We help every customer achieve their dreams.
The Wayman family has been serving the banking needs of Kansans since 1887. We are proud to be a family-owned bank that has a tradition of helping our family, friends and neighbors through four generations.
ESB's business philosophy is summarized by James C. Wayman, great-grandson of the bank's founder and current President/CEO: "Throughout the years, we have maintained the belief expressed by my great-grandfather, Will Wayman, in the individuality and the personal spirit expressed in a locally-owned institution. Our officers and employees are active in Chamber of Commerce and City of Emporia and Manhattan projects, as well as many other organizations. This keeps us in touch with local needs and carries out our 'home-owned' philosophy."
- 1887 Farmer's Bank of Admire City, Admire, KS….founded by Will Wayman
- 1895 The State Bank of Allen, 5th & Main, Allen, KS…founded by Will Wayman
- 1901 Emporia State Bank, 601 Commercial, Emporia, KS…founded by Will Wayman
"The Only Bank in Emporia Making Farm Loans"
- 1958 Emporia State Auto Bank, 8th & Merchant, Emporia, KS…expanded by Charles W Wayman…grandson of Will Wayman
"Come as you are...bank from your car."
- 1965 Emporia State Bank moves from 601 Commercial to 8th & Merchant, Emporia, KS…expanded by Charles W Wayman
- 1968 Emporia State Bank & Trust Company is established. The first bank in Emporia to acquire it's own computer to provide customers with better service…expanded by Charles W Wayman
"The Bank that Cares About People"
- 1972 ESB installs Community Marquee, 8th & Merchant, Emporia, KS…to announce non-profit group events to community…expanded by Charles Wayman
- 1974 ESB opens Industrial Plaza Drive-Thru Branch, 12th & Industrial, Emporia, KS…expanded by Charles W Wayman
- 1991 Emporia State Bank & Trust celebrates 90th birthday with a gift to the City of Emporia to rebuild the Fremont Park band stand for City Band concerts….donated by the Wayman family
- 1992 ESB established The Investment Center affiliated with Spectrum Capital, Inc. offering non-bank investments and retirement plans for business and individuals….expanded by Charles W Wayman
- 1997 ESB funds Emporia State University Media Center at Welch Stadium, Emporia, KS
- 2001 Emporia State Bank & Trust celebrates 100th birthday with a gift of the Eagle Exhibit to The Emporia Zoo
"Soaring into our Second Century of Service"
- 2002 ESB partners with The Learning Connection to be the market leader of the Emporia Farmers' Market
- 2006 Emporia State Bank & Trust Company changes it's name to ESB Financial...expanded by James C Wayman, great-grandson of Will Wayman
- 2006 ESB Financial – Manhattan opens bank in Manhattan, KS…expanded by James C Wayman
- 2007 ESB Financial – Manhattan is a major donor to the Manhattan City Park Pavilion project
- 2008 ESB Financial – Manhattan moves into permanent building 224 E Poyntz, Manhattan, KS…expanded by James C Wayman