Our Corporate Values and Beliefs
These values are core to our relationships that we build with each stakeholder (our clients, our employees, our community, our vendors and our stockholders):
- Integrity: Integrity is the cornerstone of ESB Financial — treating everyone honestly and fairly.
- Excellence: Consistent and reliable delivery of financial services that exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Success: ESB Financial's success depends on our genuine interest in helping our customers achieve their goals.
- Community: Commitment to the well-being and quality of life in the areas we serve.
We help every client achieve their dreams.
The Wayman family has been serving the banking needs of Kansans since 1887. We are proud to be a family-owned bank that has a tradition of helping our family, friends and neighbors through four generations.
ESB's business philosophy is summarized by James C. Wayman, great-grandson of the bank's founder and current President/CEO: "Throughout the years, we have maintained the belief expressed by my great-grandfather, Will Wayman, in the individuality and the personal spirit expressed in a locally-owned institution. Our officers and employees are active in Chamber of Commerce and City of Emporia and Manhattan projects, as well as many other organizations. This keeps us in touch with local needs and carries out our 'home-owned' philosophy."
- 1887: Farmer's Bank of Admire City, Admire, KS – founded by Will Wayman
- 1895: The State Bank of Allen, 5th & Main, Allen, KS – founded by Will Wayman
- 1901: Emporia State Bank, 601 Commercial, Emporia, KS – founded by Will Wayman
"The Only Bank in Emporia Making Farm Loans"
- 1958: Emporia State Auto Bank, 8th & Merchant, Emporia, KS – expanded by Charles W Wayman, grandson of Will Wayman
"Come as you are...bank from your car"
- 1965: Emporia State Bank moves from 601 Commercial to 8th & Merchant, Emporia, KS – expanded by Charles W Wayman
- 1968: Emporia State Bank & Trust Company is established. The first bank in Emporia to acquire its own computer to provide customers with better service – expanded by Charles W Wayman
"The Bank that Cares About People"
- 1972: ESB installs Community Marquee, 8th & Merchant, Emporia, KS to announce non-profit group events to community – expanded by Charles Wayman
- 1974: ESB opens Industrial Plaza Drive-Thru Branch, 12th & Industrial, Emporia, KS – expanded by Charles W Wayman
- 1991: Emporia State Bank & Trust celebrates 90th birthday with a gift to the City of Emporia to rebuild the Fremont Park band stand for City Band concerts – donated by the Wayman family
- 1992: ESB established The Investment Center affiliated with Spectrum Capital, Inc. offering non-bank investments and retirement plans for business and individuals – expanded by Charles W Wayman
- 1997: ESB funds Emporia State University Media Center at Welch Stadium, Emporia, KS
- 2001: Emporia State Bank & Trust celebrates 100th birthday with a gift of the Eagle Exhibit to The Emporia Zoo
"Soaring into our Second Century of Service"
- 2002: ESB partners with The Learning Connection to be the market leader of the Emporia Farmers' Market
- 2006: Emporia State Bank & Trust Company changes it's name to ESB Financial – expanded by James C Wayman, great-grandson of Will Wayman
- 2006: ESB Financial – Manhattan opens bank in Manhattan, KS – expanded by James C Wayman
- 2007: ESB Financial – Manhattan is a major donor to the Manhattan City Park Pavilion project
- 2008: ESB Financial – Manhattan moves into permanent building 224 E Poyntz, Manhattan, KS – expanded by James C Wayman
"Our Bank is Big on You"
- 2010: ESB welcomes Baby Kasasa, Colobus monkey, at Manhattan Sunset Zoo
- 2012 ESB welcomes Mama Kasasa, Cotton-Top Tamarin, David Traylor Zoo
- 2012: ESB partners with Flint Hills Discovery Center to sponsor Grand Opening
- 2012: ESB Financial invest in Advantage Manhattan
- 2013: ESB Financial sponsors Flint Hills Discovery Center Ice Age Exhibit
- 2013: ESB Financial invest in Advance Pottawatomie County
- 2014: ESB Financial sponsors Flint Hills Discovery Center Flint Hills Masters
- 2015: ESB Financial sponsors Flint Hills Discovery Center Amazing Dinosaurs
- 2015: ESB Financial becomes the sponsor of Downtown Manhattan Farmer’s Market and Watermelon Contest
- 2015: ESB Financial sponsors Emporia State University Scoreboard
- 2016: ESB Financial brings “Managing Your Money” to KMAN radio
- 2016: ESB Financial brings financial literacy program MoneyIsland to Kansas
- Coming Soon – Manhattan Scenic Crossings location